3.09.2010

Dinner Last Night: Taco Lettuce Wraps

After a successful trip to the vet for my main man Rufus, I celebrated by whipping up a batch of these soy meat lettuce wraps. Oh so easy and healthy, it made me miss my mom's "taco night" dinners. And for the meat eaters out there, these can easily be adapted to satisfy even you with real ground beef!

Soy Meat Lettuce Wraps
One package Lightlife Soymeat Crumbles (I've tried many versions of fake "ground beef" in my time and this is my fav)
One small onion
One small tomato
One package taco seasoning (old school style)
Cumin, salt and red pepper

1) Saute the onion until translucent, add the chopped tomato and cook until just tender
2) Crumble the soy "crumbles" into the pan, cook until warmed through
3) Add the seasonings
4) Scoop into beautiful butter lettuce cups, add chopped black olives, salsa, cheese and of course, sour cream

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good girly!

Are-Mando said...

dang, when's the next dinner party? I'll bring the booze.