2.24.2010

Mystery Vegetable


LA blogger Smitty here with a vegetable challenge
Can you name this vegetable? I bought it at the LA farmer's market the other day, but I can't remember the name of it. The lady at the stand told me what it was, but the name was at least 3 syllables and impossible to remember. She said I could chop it and put it on salad, or I could roast it, and that it would taste like celery. Well, tonight I chopped it (looks like an apple when you chop, only there's no core) and roasted it and I can't say it tasted like celery -- more like a radish crossed with a zucchini. Anyway, take your guesses in the comments!

5 comments:

Karl said...

Kohlrabi!

Shannon Darling Dearest said...

Karl, you're right! You win my undying love and respect!

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Denine said...

kholrabi - it's really good! It tastes like a spicy sweet heart of a broccoli stalk.

Shannon Darling Dearest said...

Thanks Denine!