8.10.2009

Texas, the brand

When I was down in Dallas last week, visiting my mom and preparing for my 10-year high school reunion, we took a trip to the local grocery store to stock up on grillables. Wandering up and down the aisles of the massive store, I began to notice a trend in the food marketing. Big declarations of "Texas Grown!" or "Go Texan!" or even "The Beer From Here!" rang out at me from the shelves.

I just don't see that many "Illinois-style" potato chips at my Chicago-area grocery store.

Flavors From Texas!

The beer from here! McKinney, TX's very own beer - Franconia.

Go Texan!

Texas watermelon. Also from the USA.

Peanut brittle, proudly made in Ruby, TX

Texas Style!

3 comments:

jeffreydeaner said...

i like how the texas red seedless watermelons are also from the usa, who knew!

Shannon Darling Dearest said...

I know - just in case you didn't know Texas was in the US.

carbomb said...

How Texan is it really to have 40% reduced anything?