7.06.2009

Odds 'n Ends


The City Veg spent July 4th suffering through a bad bout of Bronchitis and let's just say I am totally caught up on all episodes of America's Next Top Model and The Next Food Network Star. I also had a lot of time on my hands to browse some of my favorite food sites and here are some highlights:

• Serious Eats tries Bobby Flay's Plantain Shoestring Fries. While I've never had a freshly fried plantain, I am a fan of the prepackaged salty plantain chips you find at your local bodega. Don't judge. [Serious Eats]

• Chicagoist gives a shout out to tonight's Iron Cupcake Challenge, held at Veranda Greek American Taverna. The theme is tropical. I'd prefer the theme be chocolate, vanilla creme, caramel and strawberries but I'll take what I can get. [Chicagoist]

• The new all-the-rage site, Fancy Fast Food, takes fast food meals and turns them into the stuff of fine dining dreams. Peep their Dao Mi Noh Chow Mein (Fancy Domino’s Pizza). This is genius. [Fancy Fast Food]

• The Amateur Gourmet slaves over some Michael Jackson Tribute cookies. These would have been amazing to bring to the Michael Jackson Tribute Party I went to on Friday night. [The Amateur Gourmet]

• Sham'on! Matt Bites creates a gorgeous photo project in honor of Skillet's Bacon Jam. [Matt Bites]

• The Girl Who Eats Everything was in Korea eating...well, everything! Her gorgeous photos make me want to book the next flight to Seoul. (and those awesome Korean Airline commercials). [The Girl Who Ate Everything]

• Grab Your Fork explores the burger craze in Sydney. [Grab Your Fork]

1 comment:

smitty said...

stevie birthday cupcakes! like i'm 12. love.