3.24.2009

Sawa's Old Warsaw Polish Style Smorgasbord

On the way to a co-worker's baby's 1st birthday party in Brookfield, we got a little lost and ended up driving right by Sawa's Old Warsaw Polish Style Smorgasbord. Not only do I love perogis, but I could tell, even just by looking at the outside of the joint, that it would appeal to my inner-grandma. Also, there were some old peepaw's chilling outside the restaurant on a couch. So cool.

So after the party, we had to pop in for a look-see and a few drinks at the cozy bar. The Smorgasbord part of the deal looked and smelled amazing - a dozen prepared salads, perogis by the bushel, stuffed cabbage, sauerkraut...it went on and on. It was hard to pass up the food but I'll be back...oh yes, I will be back. The perogis will be mine!!! Who's with me!?

You feel like you're at grandma's house - if grandma had a full bar and poured Zywiec

The gorgeous scene in one of the dining rooms.

Anyone who wants to come with me, please leave your overalls at home. Sorry!

3 comments:

piratezehra said...

We HAVE to go there stat!

Brandy said...

We have to go back there...it smelled delicous. Road trip to Brookfield!! :-)

steverino said...

No overalls?! I'm out.