2.23.2009

Stevie's Morsels

Hello folks. I moved yesterday, from Bucktown to Pilsen, and I currently feel like I fell off of a cliff. Please excuse any typos or nonsensical sentences. And look for lots of Pilsen correspondence, as I discover my new neighborhood (which feels kinda like my beloved Brooklyn). Until then, enjoy the morsels of Mike's Wives bassist, Stevie!


Stevie G
Age: 27
Occupation: Assistant Director of a Contemporary Art Gallery
Resides in: Humboldt Park, Chicago

1. Favorite band with some sort of food in its name:
The String Cheese Incident… obvio... consistently sick first sets

2. Give us your favorite vegetable and how you like it prepared:
Sweet potatoes... either in French fry form, mashed with cream and butter, or baked with brown sugar and marshmallows.

3. If you could only eat 1 flavor of ice cream for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Soft serve from Tasty Freeze

4. Favorite food show:
Mexico: One Plate at a Time with Rick Bayless on PBS. His daughter is seriously annoying and I hoped she would fall into the backyard pit during the slow roasted pork episode. She didn't. However, Rick's Chicago garden is amazing!
[ed. note - hilarious because as much as I love Rick, the daughter needs to go. The 6th season of the show starts in April.]

5. Please describe your ideal 2 am drunken feast:
A giant slice of cheese from Bacci's complete with a generic fountain drink.

6. Favorite steak-house side dish:
I've never been to a steakhouse, but if I do go I will order a baked potato with sour cream. I hope that's an option.

7. If you live in Chicago, give us your favorite restaurant here in
Chi-town. If not, share with us the number one spot in your city
:
On the rare occasion I go out to eat, it better be Kuma's Corner, during a weekday afternoon without any bummer long lines. I always get a veggie burger with bacon, usually the Yob or Mastodon. Waffle cut fries on the side never hurt anybody. Their jalapeno-infused vodka makes a delicious Blood Mary, but for my money, go when Brittany's working and get yourself an endless pint of diet coke.

8. How do you take your coffee?
Hot off the French press, with lots of soy milk

9. Top 3 condiments:
• Nacho Cheese [ed. note - as in pump cheese??]
• Mustard
• Sweet Relish

10. How do you like d'em apples?
Green, sliced and accompanied by Brie and honey

1 comment:

For Intimate Gatherings said...

Welcome to the neighborhood - stop by if you want to say hi!