2.16.2009

Kate's Morsels


Kate
Age: 27
Occupation: High School English Teacher (!!!)
Resides in: Humboldt Park, Chicago

1. Favorite band with some sort of food in its name:
I've been listening to the new Andrew Bird a lot lately. And since chickens are "birds," I hope that counts...Plus, the album is called Nobel Beast, and cows are "beasts." So....

2. Give us your favorite vegetable and how you like it prepared:
Butternut Squash roasted in the oven with a bit of butter and salt. [ed. note - you are a girl after my own heart.]

3. If you could only eat 1 flavor of ice cream for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Chocolate

4. Favorite food show:
Top Chef. Sadly I have class on Wednesday evening and have missed the last few episodes, I may have to get DVR for this show alone.

5. Please describe your ideal 2 am drunken feast:
Regular Coke and Chachos from La Pasadita. The Chachos generally make me sick in the morning, but I like to blame that on the alcohol, not the greasy, cheesey, meaty mess that is Chachos.

6. Favorite steak-house side dish:
I don't think I've ever been to an official steak-house, but I was at my parent's for dinner last Sunday and my dad threw together some home made Macaroni and Cheese as a side for our steaks. Amazing.

7. If you live in Chicago, give us your favorite restaurant here in
Chi-town. If not, share with us the number one spot in your city
:
Probably Tank in Roscoe Village. It's a pretty standard Sushi place, but on weekends they have half price rolls.

8. How do you take your coffee?
Lots of half & half and a few Splendas.

9. Top 3 condiments:
• Honey [ed. note - nice choice!]
• Ranch Dressing
• Sriracha

10. How do you like d'em apples?
Dipped in peanut butter.

7 comments:

carbomb said...

I'm amazed I haven't seen you at Tank yet. We pretty much go every Sunday. The Latin Heat is off the chain.

kjp said...

damn, i just tried that one last weekend! soooooo good. wait, who are you carbomb?

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I would like to invite you to a Food Bloggers Dinner on behalf of a client. If you could please email me your contact info. so that I can send you their invitation?
Thanks,
Katie

kscully@directpartners.com

dapeen said...

Kate...I give u the new nickname ...mucha chachos. You are very welcome

kjp said...

thanks alex. i feel honored.

Kelly said...

Tank also has a wonderful dessert that has warm cookie dough wrapped in filo dough-ish stuff served as a roll with mint garnish as wasabi and rasberry sauce as soy sauce. So so so so good. Mmmmmm Tank.

Kelly said...

PS...Shannon, did you just got invited to some private food blogger party?! This is big time! You are official, congrats!