2.02.2009

Clancy's Fab Morsels


Clancy
Age: 26
Occupation: Actor, Socialite (okay, and part-time hotel desk clerk)
Resides in: Prospect Park, Brooklyn

1. Favorite band with some sort of food in its name:
Tigercity. You can eat tigers. Not on vegetarian blogs. But you can.

2. Give us your favorite vegetable and how you like it prepared:
Brocolli. Steamed with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon. I don't like the stems though, just the florets. Who doesn't like a bushy floret? That sounds bad..

3. If you could only eat 1 flavor of ice cream for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Vanilla. A simple, creamy vanilla ice cream has been with me through life's ups and downs. It's been there when there were no other ice cream flavors to choose from except maybe chocolate. It would be wrong to betray Vanilla's loyalty by choosing any other flavor for this hypothetical reality.

4. Favorite food show:
Top Chef because I love making fun of Padma Lakshmi. She's so pretentious and dumb, which is the one of the most annoying character trait combinations I can imagine. I have to tell a little story here about the time she came to the front desk drunk at 4am asking if I saw her pashmini scarf. It was nowhere to be found and she was seriously starting to cry. She was like, "it's pashmina... it's peach-colored.. you haven't seen it??" I was like, "No. sorry." All I could think of as she sulked away was how "pashmina" sounds like a mash-up of her first and last names. If I'd gone to grade school with her, that's the name I would have called her while throwing sand in her eye. And no, I didn't look for the scarf.

5. Please describe your ideal 2 am drunken feast:
Some Nacho Cheese Doritos, Vanilla Haagen Daaz, and a Red Stripe. Because that's the best I can do from the local corner store as I stumble home from the train.

6. Favorite steak-house side dish:
Baked potato with all the fixins!

7. If you live in Chicago, give us your favorite restaurant here in
Chi-town. If not, share with us the number one spot in your city
:
Buddakan - incredible atmosphere and food. Let's indulge next time you're in NY! [Ed. note - yes, please!]

8. How do you take your coffee?
Black and from a french press, with fresh-ground beans if possible! I just ran out this morning and I'm ravenous for it! Well, my roommate has a full unopened bag and she's out of town, but she wrote on it: "Do NOT open." and "NOT" is underlined like seven times. I guess I'll have tea.

9. Top 3 condiments:
I don't like condiments. [Ed. note - insanity!]

10. How do you like d'em apples?
with Fionas. Go to your itunes now and listen to "On the Bound" for old-times sake. You won't regret it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bloz you snowy metros go on and on about... is culture just dirt cheap over there? they juz pass it out like blow jobs in jr. high? at least you drink Red Stripe outa a champagne flute and you have pictures of your mom up in your house.

Gimme a boy from Kansas anyday~
see you soon clance
*bijou*

lindsay zehra said...

I lOVE Clancy!! and I LOVE Shannon's posts!