1.20.2009

Best Friends + Neko Case

Neko Case is one of my favorite artists. Her voice is like a scotch on the rocks - smoky and secuctive. But I had no idea she also advocated for shelter animals! This makes her waaaay cooler.

Her new single, “People Got A Lotta Nerve,” is availble for download on ANTI's web site - and for every blog that posts the song and iLike user who adds it to their profile, Neko Case and Anti- will make a donation benefiting Best Friends Animal Society. Click HERE to hear the song.

Five dollars will be donated for every blog post and one dollar for every user of iLike that adds the song to his/her profile.

So cool. If you're reading this and you have a blog, post it! Best Friends is one of the largest and most important animal sanctuaries in the United States. How do I know this? I get their magazine! Yes, call me a dork, but I love it. One time I saw someone reading Best Friends Magazine on the Subway and wanted to run over to them and share my love of Best Friends with that person. (I did not...)

Anyway, here is some more info on Best Friends:
Celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2009, Best Friends Animal Society is one of America’s foremost animal rescue organizations. Founded in 1984, Best Friends advances nationwide animal welfare initiatives by working with shelter and rescue groups around the country. On any given day Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, the nation's largest facility for abused, abandoned and special needs companion animals located in southwestern Utah, is home to approximately 2,000 dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, birds, and other animals. The society also publishes Best Friends magazine, the nation’s largest general interest, pet-related magazine with approximately 300,000 subscribers. For more information, visit www.bestfriends.org.

A pic of my very own shelter dog. (yes, he is wearing a Slayer bandana!)