This time, I prepared my beer-braised cabbage with a little twist. Cayenne. It really made this dish pop. Add some cubes of baked crispy tofu and you have a hearty and spicy meal great for any winter night.
To make the crispy tofu, slice an extra-firm block of tofu into strips, coat with olive oil, salt & pepper and bake for 30-45 minutes at around 375, or until crispy and golden brown. Yum! This Tofu is happy.
Cayenne Beer-Braised Cabbage
1 head of green cabbage, chopped into strips
One large bottle of Fat Tire Amber Ale, enough to cover the cabbage in a saucepan
3-4 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
1. Splash saucepan with olive oil
2. Add cabbage to pan, saute for a bit, then add beer to cover the cabbage.
3. Boil until the cabbage is soft and most of the liquid has evaporated
4. Add as much Parmesan cheese as you like, 3-4 teaspoons of cayenne, and salt
5. Add to bowl, top with crispy tofu and feel the burn.