12.29.2008

Steve's Morsels

Steven Powell
Age: 27
Occupation: Road Warrior Consultant, soon to be Chi-Warrior Consultant
Resides in: Bucktown/Wicker Park, Chicago

1. Favorite band with some sort of food in its name:
I’m currently listening to old Bad Brains, and I believe brain is eaten in some parts of this world we live in. Other than that, I really like MF Doom’s album “MM..Food.” It’s got everything you need to know.

2. Give us your favorite vegetable and how you like it prepared:
I’m a fan of tomatoes in August. Growing up, I used to go to the farmer’s market on Division St with my mom and pick out the bestest, reddest, ripest tomaties we could find. Once home, you toast 2 pieces of bread, put a light layer of mayo on each, put some tomater slices in the middle there, and top the tomatez w/ some S&P. Et, voila. Summer tomata sangwich. Simple and very yum.

3. If you could only eat 1 flavor of ice cream for the rest of your life, what would it be?
That is an unfair question.

4. Favorite food show:
Anthony Bourdain’s “No Reservations” is awesome. It combines food, travel, and exploration in one witty insightful package. I’d love to have a show like that some day.

5. Please describe your ideal 2 am drunken feast:
Some nights, ANYTHING will do, including the ramen noodles at the top of the pantry that have dust on the packaging.

For nights when that won’t cut the mustard, I dig the magnificent Pasadita Super Burrito! It comes standard with beans, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, onion, rice, cilantro and guacamole. Just add steak and their amazing roasted poblano salsa (it tastes like firey butter) and you’re ready to roll. And then pass out.

6. Favorite steak-house side dish:
I’m usually forgo the side dishes at steak houses because I’m focusing on the huge steak I just ordered. So, I’ll say that my typical steak house order is something like appetizer: oysters or tomato/onion/bleu cheese salad, and main: filet mignon or a nice NY strip. Medium rare always.

7. If you live in Chicago, give us your favorite restaurant here in
Chi-town. If not, share with us the number one spot in your city
:
Tough call. There are so many great choices in Chicago! We’ve got what everyone stereotypically thinks of when they think Chicago food: the best Ribs at Fat Willy's, (Stuffed) Pizzas at Chicago's and Steaks at Gibson's.

In the way of fine dining, I dig Kiki’s Bistro. In the way of fine Mexican dining (without the typical price tag), I like Maiz Anojitos Y Bebidas.

8. How do you take your coffee?
Black. In the summertime, Iced.

9. Top 3 condiments:
- Hot chunky salsa (that sounds gross)
- Ketchup (my traditional pick)
- Mom’s mint sauce for lamb chops

10. How do you like d'em apples?
Baked, topped w/ cinnamon and served w/ vanilla ice cream. Nuff said.

5 comments:

dapeen said...

Esteban.... excellent post. I'll give u a bucket of guacamole and a sixer of Bohemia if you can tell me the difference between Pasadita's regular burrito and the super burrito.

Steve said...

weeeeeelllllll.......

the regular burrito is only servido con onion y cilantro.

the super is servido con queso, crema, lechuga, tomate, guacamole, cebolla, cilantro, arroz y frijoles.

dont take it from me -- check it out here! (http://www.pasadita.com/menupg2.jpeg)

emily said...

cheater! that picture rules. that was a fun night.

adamghory said...

I do believe I had Chicago's super-stuffed veggie pizza with you last time I was in Chi-town in a 4am drunken feast. And I do believe it was delicious! I wanna try that Mexican place next time!

Stevenpowell said...

Choo got it mang!!