10.09.2008

Fiore's Rap City


Another rap from da Peen, about Italian deli Fiore's in the Ukrainian Village. Check 1, check 2....


Rap around, rap on in
this is about the perfect luncheon

No I'm not rappin' about Mickey D's or the big ol' Whopper
if you live in Ukie Village for sure you've been a shopper

At this little delicatessen at the corner of Oakley and Erie
they bust out homemade sandwiches, and things in the hood that are necessary

I Proceed on in first.... towards the back counter
I give a nod of the head (automatic sign I'm ready to order)

I glance over the menu and I shout "One 8-inch with the fixins, Supreme Italiano"
ole boy says "yo sweetheart, you sure? That monster's got extra oregano"

I gave this dude a look...a nasty mafia stare
"What do u think homeboy....don't forget the extra giardiniera"

As he's preparing my sandwich, I peruse the olives and cheese
I walk past the fresh fruits and towards the sweet cannolis

The gelato was just delivered and the apples have just been unpacked
before I even know my sandwich was in a paper sack

Ready to ring me up and take all my money
dude says to me "anything else for you - honey?"

I get ten cents worth of red fish and the Sun Times
half a pound of fresh mozzarella and for my vodka, two limes

That was my trip for the day it was epic... it was real
all of that for under ten dollars is quite a steal

Their attitude isn't always great but their food is just right
stop into Fiore's to fill your west side Italian appetite



1 comment:

Peen Club said...

best post ever
"I get ten cents worth of red fish and the Sun Times
half a pound of fresh mozzarella and for my vodka, two limes"