9.11.2008

NAW BABY PLEASE!

My friend Peen likes to email me raps every now and then. That's right, raps. Here's the most recent one. A shout out to buffalo wings from The Couch on Grand Ave.
----------------
This is a rap dedicated to all the buffalo wings - that can't fly anymore

Check one - check three this is how it be

Just flew in from a feast from heaven
Spent just about $37.11

My homeboy and I just got done spending time at this bar
Right around the corner - yo it wasn't far.

Got about a dozen cold one's --- they were some lights
Ordered up twenty wings - the special on Wednesday nights

The wings came out...smokin' like a haystack
We dipped in while tossin' the cold one's back

Left and right and right and left - the bones were flying all over the place
Had to take a smoke break and wipe off my saucy face

Went back in and had a shot of Cutty
After the beers and wings I was feeling kind of nutty

Savory ranch and luscious blue cheese
The waitress said "ya'll want some more" And I shouted "NAW BABY PLEASE!"

Got our tab and paid it with a fat tip
Got my beer and took one last sip

My dude said "yo how about some tiramasu?"
I said "you straight up crazy, I'm all winged out - crazy foo!"

20 cent wings and 3 dollar brews
Daily bar specials is where we get our cues

Money is tight and times are rough in the city
I be lookin' for them nightly specials so my bill is itty bitty! Uh.

3 comments:

buffelo jonez said...

aw Dag, yo! dag!!! them rhymes be tha ill naw naw!

legendarny said...

Where's the shoutout to wings's posse, celery and cornbread?!?!?!

Shannon Darling Dearest said...

Ploppa, I ain't never seen wings served with cornbread!