9.22.2008

Live Long and Prosper

Last Thursday night I was lucky enough to be invited to attend a taping of NPR's Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me, a current events quiz show with an irreverent tone. Hosts Peter Sagal and Carl Kasell kept things witty while asking the members of a panel questions about everything from Sarah Palin to Russia.


In the middle of the taping, Peter invited out his childhood hero, Leonard Nimoy, for an interview! Spock!


He was very entertaining and while I was(am...) a fan of Star Trek: The Next Generation, it was cool to be sitting 15 feet from the original space dude with pointy ears. Paula Poundstone was also a hilarious highlight as a member of the quiz panel. I had no idea! I'm now a Paula fan.


More Spock!

All in all, a very enjoyable night. I know NPR sells tickets to these tapings and I'd highly recommend this to anyone looking for a different type of night out. All in the heart of Downtown Chicago.


The view from below, Dearborn and Madison

2 comments:

dapeen said...

BTW, Nimoy is quite the silver fox. Also... I knew every answer.

Tim said...

I've meaning to go to a Wait, Wait taping for years now.